About the School
Located just east of the Anacostia River in Ward 7 and adjacent to the Neval Thomas Elementary School, the 32,100 square-foot Educare facility currently provides quality early learning opportunities for approximately 166 infants, toddlers, preschoolers and their families.
Private and public funding help to create an effective, sustainable early education program for children and families who need it most.
- Provides full-day, full-year, research-based programming.
- Is 32,100 sq. ft. and is located in a ward with the 2nd highest poverty rate in the U.S.
- Provides space for community gatherings.
- Children of low-wage-earning families are eligible to apply.
- Children from birth to 5 years receive individualized instruction by highly educated teachers in small classroom settings.
- Social, emotional and educational skills are taught so that children can enter elementary school on the same level as children from higher income families.
- Families learn how to support their children's education and development.
- The community is offered educational opportunities and school events throughout the year.