Educare DC is your partner for preparing your child for success in school and life. Educare’s safe, fun and challenging programs are led by caring and compassionate childhood development experts who use your child’s curiosity to build a lifetime love of learning—providing the highest quality care and education to families. Educare DC delivers comprehensive services to children as young as six weeks old. From infant to toddler to pre-K, Educare DC partners with your child throughout their growth and development to ensure their success.
Located within IDEA Public Charter School, our campus in Ward 7’s Deanwood neighborhood serves exclusively infants and toddlers. It also hosts our prenatal program, Moms 2 Be.
- Nutritious and well-balanced breakfast, lunch, supper, and snack each day at no cost.
- On-site health and wellness program ensures that students receive immunizations as well as hearing, vision, and dental screenings.
- Highly qualified teachers who work closely with parents to ensure that all students are learning and developing appropriately. They assist families if additional resources and services are required.
- A dedicated family engagement team, who work closely with parents and caregivers as their child’s first – and most important – teacher. This dual generation approach supports parents to be advocates and drivers of their children’s education.
- Strong community partnerships, including local fitness, arts, gardening, and health organizations, to deliver expertise and enrichment.
“Since Zarah started at Educare, her social, fine motor, gross motor, and cognitive skills have improved considerably. She can say, recognize, and write her own name. She can ride a bike and count to 20. Zarah has made friends and she is able to recognize and name her feelings, which they practice at school.” — Damali F., parent of a three year old, Educare DC student.