Located in the Parkside-Kenilworth neighborhood of Ward 7, Educare DC is driven by a deep commitment to equity and community, providing comprehensive services to children and families that are often underserved.
Educare DC does everything that research shows works best: child-centric project-based learning, pre-literacy, early math, and a focus on developing social, emotional, and behavioral skills. Through our holistic child wellness and family engagement program in our state-of-the-art building, children who attend Educare DC develop the skills they need to succeed in life.
Six keys to success for our award-winning approach to early learning:
- Comprehensive, early care for 160 children, ages six weeks to five years, with full‐day, full‐year schooling. Students receive a nutritious and well-balanced breakfast, lunch, and snack each day.
- High‐quality, research‐based instruction through teachers who have the education, time and experience to effectively engage and support students and their parents.
- Each child experiences stable and strong relationships with teachers. Children stay with the same classroom teachers from six weeks to age three, then move to another classroom with new teachers from ages three to five.
- Engaging parents as partners to empower parents as their child’s primary teacher in life and assist in developing positive parent‐child relationships.
- Professional learning to ensure teachers continue to develop and enhance their skills.
- Ongoing data collection through our research partnership with the University of Maryland, College Park to assess children’s progress, improve classroom instruction, guide family discussions and assure program quality.
Educare DC is a member of the Educare Learning Network, a group of Educare schools, Head Start providers, school districts, philanthropists, researchers, policymakers, and other like-minded champions who are dedicated to helping all young children get the best start.