We can’t wait to welcome you and your child to Educare DC! There are three steps to completing your application:
- Take the eligibility quiz
- If you qualify, complete your application
- Submit photos or scans of required documents
Is your child already at Educare DC? Add a sibling or new family member.
Step 1: Take the Eligibility Quiz
Step 2: Complete Your Application
- A valid photo ID for each parent or guardian.
- Verification of income. Submit one of the following: TANF, SNAP, SSI, or SSDI benefit letter; an income tax return; or your three most recent pay stubs. (More details)
- Proof of DC residency. This could include: a mortgage statement; a lease with proof of payment; a letter from a transitional housing facility; an unexpired vehicle registration that matches your ID; a SNAP statement. We also accept electricity, water, or gas bills, but we need proofs of payment from two back-to-back months for the same service. (More details)
- The child’s birth certificate.
Step 3: Submit Required Documents
After you submit your application, you will receive a separate email with your specific document upload link. Click on that link, enter the last name and date of birth for participant or parent. This step is mandatory in order to complete the application. Use our Enrollment application checklist for Educare DC to ensure that you have all the required documents uploaded.
If you can’t find or do not have all the required documents on hand, a member of our Enrollment team can help you track down and gather everything you need! Click here to contact the enrollment team or call 202-727-5604.
About Our Enrollment Process and Eligibility
Schedule a tour by clicking the name of the school site that you are interested in learning more about: Parkside or IDEA
Although each new school year starts in the Fall, Educare DC accepts applications for enrollment throughout the school year and admits students on a rolling basis as space becomes available.
As an Early Head Start and Universal Pre-K 3 & Pre-K 4 program, our selection criteria are determined based upon various eligibility factors. Our Enrollment department can determine eligibility by reviewing required documentation and conducting a personal intake interview with each family.
Our selection process is not based upon first-apply, first-served, but rather on serving families with the highest needs.