Because children must be healthy to learn and develop, Educare DC offers vital comprehensive health and wellness services to our children, including:
- Developmental screenings
- Assistance enrolling in Medicaid and WIC
- Management of chronic conditions including special health and nutrition needs
- On-site therapeutic services (i.e. physical, speech, and occupational therapy)
- On-site hearing, vision, and dental screenings
- Coordination with medical providers for immunizations and well-baby checks, and referrals to specialists when needed.
- Three healthy meals each day, provided free-of-cost via the Child & Adult Care Food Program
The comprehensive health philosophy is infused through Educare’s program with daily health checks of each child, meals each day designed in consultation with a nutrition specialist, and a school garden as a source of food and learning for children and families.