Because children must be healthy to learn and develop, Educare DC offers vital health and wellness services to our children, including:
- Developmental screenings
- Assistance enrolling in Medicaid and WIC
- Management of chronic conditions including special health and nutrition needs
- On-site therapeutic services (i.e. physical, speech, and occupational therapy)
- On-site hearing, vision, and dental screenings
- Coordination with medical providers for immunizations and well-baby checks, and referrals to specialists when needed.
The comprehensive health philosophy is infused through Educare’s program with daily health checks of each child, three healthy meals each day designed in consultation with a nutrition specialist, and a school garden as a source of food and learning for children and families.