Educare DC’s provides a robust remote learning program that is both interactive and engaging for our students.
By utilizing our existing curriculum and early learning standards, we are able to provide families with flexible learning opportunities remotely. Highlights include:
- Six live lessons will be available each day for each age group.
- Pre-recorded lessons will be available for families who are unable to attend live.
- Lessons cover a variety of domains, including: math, science, language and literacy, arts and crafts, and social-emotional development.
- “Chat and Chew” sessions are held twice a week, so students can virtually join together for a social experience while eating their lunch.
- Outdoor experiences offered as an opportunity for parents and children to join teachers and other students for socially distant play and learning at a local park.
- Family engagement and comprehensive services teams will continue to support parents and caregivers remotely and connect them with community resources.
- Learning materials, food, diapers, and pull-ups are distributed to families weekly.
Weekly Schedule for Families
Monday: Pick up supplies for the week’s lessons, as well as food and diapers (staggered times to support social distancing).
Tuesday – Thursday: Parents aid children in attending live lessons, outdoor experiences, “Chat and Chews”, and/or pre-recorded lessons.